Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I'm HAPPY to write this ...

In the 1960’s my mother was vice president of a national organization and attending a meeting of delegates from the 50 states. The delegate from California stood up and announced California was the most populous state in America. A woman at the other end of the long narrow conference table stood up and in angry voice shouted, “I beg your pardon, but TEXAS is the most popular state!"


While traversing the internet lately, in search of unusual city names, I ran into Happy, Texas. 


I'm happy to tell you they have Happy High School Cowboys.  I am elated to relay I found the Happy Cemetery (not something you run across everyday), and I'm damned near delirious to divulge the discovery of a Happy State Bank, Happy Toy Maker, Happy News (Paper) and Happy Volunteer Fire Department. 

There isn't a Happy Historical Association.  The state's association is in Denton, Texas - but their website does give a Happy mention.

There is one registered sex offender in Happy, but there are no lawyers (Happy obviously has standards).

I’m Happy to provide you with this information and to share with you the motto:



Just don't stay too long ... Happy is only 500 miles from (to?) Looneyville, Texas.













No comments:

Post a Comment