Monday, September 30, 2013

If a Republican Congressman with a Guaranteed Paycheck stops working, will anyone notice?


 

This may be my last FLOG

… AT LEAST FOR A WHILE.
This morning I was preparing to write my advance critique on The Fifth Estate, a “dramatic thriller” of a movie that opens in theatres later this month.  It's based (Hollywood-speak for hugely fictionalized) on real events in the life of Julian Assange, the Australian guy who is currently in deep doo-doo for Wiki-leaking submissions of secret military information and other classified dirt from anonymous news sources and whistle blowers.

Since June 19, 2012, Assange has been inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where he has since been granted diplomatic asylum. 

When American, Edward Snowden blew his own whistle on the NSA, Assange became his travel agent and got him as far as Russia.  As far as we know Snowden is still there.  I wonder if he has developed a taste for borscht.

I got this far in this FLOG when one of my own anonymous informants sent me an email telling me when the Government shuts down at midnight tonight, the Internet will also shutter itself.  I live in Arizona, so I assume government services will be available for three additional hours after House Republicans take their ball and go home.  I don't know how I'll be able to tell the difference, never actually having seen them do anything useful. 


My computer is already beggining to act weird.  Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment